Chandpur fire guts 6 businesses
Tuesday, 30 September 2008

One dead

Our Correspondent

A local businessman died of 'heart failure' as a roaring blaze gutted six business houses in Chandpur Puran Bazar early Monday, said witnesses.

North Chandpur fire chief Mushfiqur Rahman told bdnews24.com that the fire broke out at 5am in the Batashapotti area of Puran Bazar, totally destroying the six establishments.
 
As the news reached fire fighters, personnel from north and south Chandpur fire stations rushed to Puran Bazar, finally dousing the flames after three hours.
 
Local trader Rafique Sardar, 52, fell unconscious as he watched the fire blazing during sehri.
 
He was taken to hospital where doctors declared him dead of heart failure, said neighbouring shopkeeper Arif Khan.
 
Rafique's shop, however, remained unscathed.
 
Fire chief Mushfiqur said the blaze spread from the stove of Narayan Saha's vermicelli factory and destroyed the adjoining business concerns owned by Uttam Saha, Suresh Chandra Das, Haji Baset Khan, Gopi Ballava Saha, Dilip Kumar Saha and Narayan Saha.

Comments Add New
Write comment
Name:
Email:
  We don't publish your mail. See privacy policy.
Title:
Please input the anti-spam code that you can read in the image.