Bangladesh News

Wednesday
Mar 01st
Home arrow News arrow Health News arrow De-Worming Pill Takes 150 Kids ill
De-Worming Pill Takes 150 Kids ill PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 05 May 2011

The government-distributed pills have done it again.

Around 150 students of a government primary school of Mirzapur Upazila in Tangail district have fallen sick after swallowing the pills distributed by the health directorate as part of nationwide school de-worming campaign.

They have been admitted to the Upazila Health Complex, Mirzapur Kumudini Hospital and Tangail General Hospital for treatment.

The incident took place at Swalpa Mahera Government Primary School of the Upazila on Wednesday, confirmed headmistress of the school Bimola Saha to bdnews24.com.

Two health assistants of Mahera union council—'Badrunessa' and Bina Saha—had carried 239 de-worming pills to their houses to feed them to the students.

The students were given the pills around 10am. Soon after, two first grade students—'Asif' and 'Saidul'—told the teachers that they felt like vomiting and were having headache.

Bimola said, "Later, they fell unconscious. Around 150 students of different classes complained of similar symptoms…some had stomach-ache also."

The headmistress said the guardians and school teachers shifted the ailing students to the nearby hospitals.

Upazila health officer Dr Anisur Rahman told bdnews24.com that such a condition can arise after consuming de-worming tablets if there were lots of worm in the stomach.

He urged all not to panic, as being de-wormed was very important for students to remain healthy.

Source: bdnews24.com

Comments Add New
Write comment
Name:
Email:
  We don't publish your mail. See privacy policy.
Title:
Please input the anti-spam code that you can read in the image.
 
Next >